Monday, September 28, 2009

The Infamous: Mark Fast !






28 year old Canadian designer Mark Fast just recently did the unthinkable and sent plus sized models down the runway. Don't be ridiculous, these ladies were US size 8-12. But really... all this press over these women who are still below the average size of American women, which is a size 14.


Not only was the press going crazy over the models, but his staff ( creative director and stylist) apparently walked out on him. Really? You are going to walk out on a revolutionary moment in fashion? Well he kind of needed them because, well, there were some wardrobe problems.

I mean these girls were very pretty women, honestly, I rather see these girls with curves like mine, than girls that only 10% of the world looks like.

When I become a designer, whether people like it or not, my models will have real bodies. What good is a garment if it only looks good on models? We are the ones buying, so we need to know how we are going to look in it. I want to feel like that with all my favorite designers, but sadly that's not the case.


Even though his dresses could have fit his models a wee bit better, Mark Fast still made an effort that many designers would believe to be taboo. I love the effort that he put in to diversify the runway, and I look forward to his next collection when I am sure he will make the clothes fit these models better, but I mean what can he do, his staff left him right before the show. I think he made a great first effort.

It's the thought that counts right?

I also spotted a lot of racial diversity on his runway. I mean he went above and beyond with this one huh?


"It's time for a rebellion against safeness. It's exciting to be a designer now."

Also, Also, Also!!! Mark is going to do a line for Top Shop! All the publicity sure did pay off huh?

Can't Wait to check it out!



Here are some of his other models:

No comments:

Post a Comment

leave a comment about anything !